Keep Going
Darkness never has the final word.
There were moments after my diagnosis when the future suddenly felt uncertain. There were treatments, difficult days, fear, exhaustion, and questions I could not immediately answer. Cancer forced me to look at life differently—to understand how precious a single ordinary day really is.
But it also taught me something about strength.
Strength is not pretending that you are never afraid. It is not always feeling positive or courageous. Sometimes strength is simply getting out of bed, facing another treatment, taking another walk, and deciding that you are going to keep living your life.
One day at a time.
One treatment at a time.
One sunrise at a time.
Now, having completed my cancer treatments, I look at mornings like this with a deeper sense of gratitude. I notice the colors in the sky. I appreciate the quiet of an early walk. I treasure conversations, laughter, love, friendship, and all those simple moments that once seemed so ordinary.
Cancer has reminded me that they were never ordinary at all.
And perhaps that is one of the lessons we can carry through any difficult time: we may not be able to choose the challenges that enter our lives, but we can choose how we respond to them.
We can keep moving forward.
We can keep believing.
We can keep choosing life.
This sunrise began while much of the world was still in darkness. Yet beyond the horizon, the light was already there, making its way toward us.
I think life can be like that too.
When we are struggling, we may not yet be able to see what is ahead. But that does not mean there is no light coming.
So to anyone fighting cancer, recovering from illness, grieving, struggling, or simply going through a difficult chapter of life:
Your darkest moment is not the end of your story.
Keep walking.
Keep loving.
Keep believing.
And above all, keep living.
There are still beautiful mornings waiting for us.


Comments
Post a Comment