Where I Go to Heal
This morning, I walked along the Yudeungcheon River in Daejeon and waited for the sun to disappear behind the clouds.Months ago, I began these morning walks as part of my recovery after cancer surgery and immunotherapy. At first, I walked because I needed to rebuild my strength.
But somewhere along the way, nature became part of my healing too.
The river. The mountains. The changing sky. The cool air before the city fully wakes. The quiet movement of water beneath the morning light.
All of it reminded me that healing is not only something that happens inside hospitals or treatment rooms.
Sometimes healing happens beside a river.
Sometimes it comes in the form of a sunrise, a breeze against your face, or a few quiet moments when you realize you are still here.
This morning, as I watched the sun slowly disappear behind the clouds, the sky became even more beautiful. It reminded me that change does not always take beauty away. Sometimes it reveals a different kind of beauty.
Life is like that too.
There are moments when everything changes unexpectedly. There are days when the road ahead feels uncertain. But even then, there is still beauty to be found, strength to be regained, and another morning waiting for us.
These walks have taught me something simple but powerful:
Keep moving.
Keep noticing the beauty around you.
Keep being grateful for the ordinary moments.
Healing takes time, but every step forward matters.
And every new morning is another chance to live.

Comments
Post a Comment